What Can I Expect?
At The Cranford we have always prided ourselves on the quality of care we provide to our Residents. We give care which is centred on each person’s individual needs, wishes, preferences, choices and beliefs.
- Each person has an assessment of their needs prior to coming to stay with us, and this continues throughout their stay ensuring we are meeting them in the best possible way
- We create a care plan with the resident from the assessment of needs, this is reviewed at regular intervals with the resident and their family member/advocate if appropriate
- We will preserve you dignity and help you remain as independent as possible for as long as possible.
- Your medication needs will be met by your GP and other professionals, such as the District Nurse service. We will help you to access other important services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropody, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Specialist and others according to your requirements
Our Philosophy of Care
Our vision is simply to provide a loving home, and all that encompass, for our residents and a second home for our staff.
Our goal is to provide a comfortable home from home for our residents and to enable each individual to maintain optimum independence and quality of life. The wishes and needs of our service users are paramount and all care is centred on that fact.
- Privacy – ensuring residents have the right to be left alone and undisturbed whenever they wish, and where possible encouraged to manage their own affairs
- Choice – ensuring residents get the right help and support which enables them to make choices and express preferences
- Dignity – understanding the residents’ needs and treating them with respect, valuing each person as an individual
- Rights – ensuring all basic human rights are respected and protecting our residents against discrimination
- Independence – assisting residents to take measured risk, to make their own decisions and ultimately act for themselves where capacity allows
- Inclusion – to enable residents to become valued citizens within the local community
- Fulfilment – enabling residents, where possible, to realise their own goals and aspirations in all aspect of their daily living.